Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Taruskin Glossary

Increase your word power - read Taruskin!

My vocabulary is bound to undergo an overhaul and improvement if I continue to read Taruskin. It will take some effort on my part to track down the meanings of words he uses that are either unknown to me, or those that I do not see frequently enough for me to remember a precise meaning and therefore have to rely upon context for at least an approximate meaning.
Here is the word list I'm working on at present, thanks to the Bach article:
craven
antimetaphysical
simulacrum
noisomely
vouchsafed
hortatory
invidious

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Dave! Lot's of Taruskin inspired words to mull over...

    Do you have a link to that article you shared in class? The only about young authors vs. young composers?

    ReplyDelete