Monday, October 10, 2011

Just imagine Billy Mays reading this...

"My knowledge of the classical repertoire is so fluent I can't write an objective review. How does one write a review of Beethoven's Violin Concerto? We've all heard it 234,565,325 times. I guess I could just critique the performance and not the piece. That'll work. Oh, how I wish someone would put on a concert of art music I don't already have memorized, or perhaps have never even heard before (GASP)! What I would give to critique unfamiliar music!"

Do these types of thoughts keep you up at night? Well you're in luck! October 11, 7:30 in the Niles Gallery - Processes in Sound: An Alvin Lucier Tribute Concert. Selections include:

Crossings, for small orchestra and slow sweep pure sign oscillator (1984)
Nothing is Real (Strawberry Fields), for piano, amplified teapot, tape recorder, and miniature sound system (1990)
Silver Streetcar for the Orchestra, for amplified triangle (1988)
Canon, for piano, clarinet, vibraphone, cello, electric guitar, and double bass (1996)
I Am Sitting in a Room, for voice and electromagnetic tape (1970)

www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=157198681032457

No comments:

Post a Comment